We are THRILLED to announce that the Minnesota Mormon Chorale & Orchestra will be joined by the St. Paul Cathedral Choir in performing the beautiful Easter oratorio ‘Lamb of God’ by Rob Gardner, on Fri. March 11 & Sun. March 13th, 2016. We are very excited to present this glorious music in a new venue, the Ted Mann Concert Hall (Fri night only). The event is free and ALL are welcome.
The oratorio features the choir & orchestra, 13 vocal soloists, 1 cello soloist, and 2 narrators. The oratorio not only tells the Easter story of the final days of the Savior’s earthly ministry, but also tells each person’s view of those very special events, from Peter’s denial and real testimony of Jesus to Mary’s understanding of the blessedness of His sacrifice. Jesus Christ is not portrayed by a singer on the stage, instead a cello soloist represents the Savior in the music, helping us feel His presence and spirit throughout. For more information: http://spiremusic.org/lamb/
Schedule of Rehearsals and Performances
Complete rehearsal schedules for soloists, choir, cellist and narrators will be provided at the first scheduled rehearsal on Thursday, January 14th.
Soloist auditions will be scheduled with the director and will be selected by Friday, January 9th.
Auditions – Vocal and Instrumental Soloists
Musicians of all faiths in the Twin Cities and surrounding areas are invited to participate in ‘Lamb of God’. The performance is being hosted by the Minnesota Mormon Chorale, but all are welcome to attend as performers or as audience. All vocal and instrumental positions are volunteer only, with no paid positions. Participation is through audition only. Vocal soloists should contact Erin Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request audition materials. Instrumentalists should contact Kate McWilliams (kate
Soloist Auditions/Requirements**: Tuesday, Dec. 15th (7-9 pm). Other date(s) as needed. Audition times on Dec 15th should be scheduled by sending an email to Erin Gray: email@example.com. Video auditions are also welcome in extenuating circumstances as long as the face/voice is clearly seen/heard. Please note that several soloists may be asked to also learn the choir parts and sing as part of the choir in this ensemble-type performance.
Lamb of God Soloist Vocal Ranges (in order of appearance):
- John, the Apostle: D3 – F#4 (Tenor – tender, high G required)
- Thomas, the Apostle: B3 – G#4 (Lyric Baritone/Tenor – tender, high G# required)
- Peter, the Apostle: A2 – B4 (Lyric Baritone/Tenor: FILLED)
- Pilate: A2 – G4 (Tenor – strong upper range required with consistent high F and G; low notes can be adjusted to an octave above)
- Accuser: A2 – D4 (Baritone)
- Martha, sister of Lazarus: C4 – E3 (Mezzo-Soprano – lyrical, strong upper range)
- Mary of Bethany: F#3 – A4 (Contralto)
- Judas: A2 – E4 (Bass, strong E4 required)
- Mary the Mother: G3 – C5 (Alto, low G required)
- False Witness: A2 – F4 (Tenor)
- Maid: Eb4 – Bb4 (Alto)
- Damsel: Eb4 – Bb4 (Alto)
- Mary Magdalene: B3 – Ab3 (Soprano, lyrical)